Our attorneys provide Special Education Law services both to school districts and to parents and children.
These services include advocacy at all stages of the special education process, including:
- Requests for classification;
- Representation at meetings of the Committee on Special Education (“CSE”)
- Representation at meetings at school building level meetings;
- Bringing requests for impartial hearings and representing families through the hearing process;
- Appeals to the State Review Officer of decisions after impartial hearings, and in court proceedings.
We also have a great deal of experience in handling student discipline matters involving students with disabilities, including Superintendent’s Hearings and Manifestation Determinations.
Our attorneys include an lawyer who, among other things, is an Impartial Hearing Officer in several school districts, and, thus, has also viewed this process from the invaluable perspective of a neutral fact finder.
In sum, the Firm prides itself on strong and tenacious advocacy in ensuring that a Free Appropriate Public Education (“FAPE”) is afforded to our individual student clients while at the same time trying, if possible, to maintain a good working relationship between the families and the school districts involved.